Friday 28 September 2012

Find Out About Friday - How to Make Perfect Banner Ends Every Time

For this week's Find Out About Friday I am going to share a mini tutorial on how to make perfect banner ends.  Using the method I am going to show you, you will be able to get perfectly symmetrical ends to your banners every time and what is even better is that it is both quick and easy to do!

Banners are everywhere at the moment, they look great on cards and on scrapbook pages.  Lots of people have asked me about how to get their Banner Ends to look right so as I put together this scrapbook page I took a few photos to show you how I created the banner.
Beautiful Scrapbook Page by Bekka  www.feeling-crafty.co.uk

First cut your strip of paper to the length and width that you want.  Next cut up the center of the banner to the spot you would like the inner point of your banner end to be.
How to get Perfect Banner Ends Everytime by Bekka www.feeling.crafty.co.uk

Cut from one corner up to the end of your first cut - you will have cut away a triangle
How to get Perfect Banner Ends Everytime by Bekka www.feeling.crafty.co.uk

If you flip the triangle over you will see that it matches the other side perfectly - you could if you wanted use this as a template to cut the other side.  
How to get Perfect Banner Ends Everytime by Bekka www.feeling.crafty.co.uk

Alternatively I find it even easier to cut from the second corner up to the top of the point of the triangle I have already cut out and hey presto a perfect banner end - every time!
How to get Perfect Banner Ends Everytime by Bekka www.feeling.crafty.co.uk

For this page I then inked the edges and added some waves by rolling it across my fingers and adding Dimensionals underneath the help it keep its shape
How to get Perfect Banner Ends Everytime by Bekka www.feeling.crafty.co.uk

I hope you find this mini tutorial useful and have fun making your Perfect Banner Ends.  If you would like to receive more mini tutorials, hints and tips then please make sure you are subscribed to my email newsletter - its free and packed with useful information to help you get the most from your crafting time.  To subscribe just add your email address to the box at the top right hand side of this blog.  Your email details will not be shared with anyone and I operate a safe unsubscribe system so should you no longer want access to the newsletter and its exclusive content you can just stop.  When you first sign up you will also get a full tutorial as a thank you gift from me to you.

Happy Stampin'
Bekka Prideaux - Stampin' Up! in UK, Nederlands, Österreich, Deutschland & France.  Buy Stampin' Up! or start your own Stampin' Up! business. Join Stampin' Up! here

Pin It

No comments: